How to Know If They Are Spider Veins
If you don’t know what they are, these web-like clusters can be red, purple or blue. And they can be found anywhere on the body, but they usually like to hang out on the thighs, anywhere on the legs, even the ankles. Spider Veins can also be found on the face.
Why Do So Many Women Get Spider Veins
There are numerous, variedreasons why different women get treated, but a few popular ones include: pregnancy, any type of weight gain, hormonal shifts, too many hours on the feet – and of course, genetics
Five Reasons Spider Vein Removal Is Easy
1. The procedure takes less than 30 minutes. No anesthesia is needed. You can return to work afterward. (But expect some localized redness and swelling, so hold off returning to work in shorts or a skirt until the healing period is over.)
2. It’s not painful! As a little, handheld device moves over the spider veins, it sends out fast, concentrated bursts of laser light. And before and after each pulse, the head of the laser will cool the treated area.There’s barely any pain at all – only a pin-prick sensation.
3. After one or two treatments, most spider veins are removed.
4. The drawbacks are slight: For one week, you can’t fly anywhere, or use a tanning bed. There should be no strenuous activity for two weeks. And bruising can last up to two weeks.
5. Patients of any age can benefit. And this procedure doesn’t stop at spider veins: It can also remove blood blisters and cherry hemangiomas.
For more information or to schedule your consultation, you can reach Dr. Vitenas’ Houston-based practice by calling (281) 484-0088.