The holiday season has arrived! Amid all of the hustle and bustle, Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique wants to encourage you to take a moment to reflect on all of the hard work you have put in this year: from taking care of family to working a stressful job, we know every woman’s life is unique but equally busy. This Thanksgiving, show some ‘thanks’ to yourself with a little TLC at home, and with the help of Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique.
Tips to Take Care of Yourself This Thanksgiving
Holiday festivities can easily throw your entire beauty regimine and healthy lifestyle into chaos. If you keep a few pointers in mind, you won’t get too far off track. You can enjoy the holiday while being proud about your choices.
- Drink lots of water. Not coffee, sweat tea, or juice – but fresh water. This keeps your body hydrated and your skin looking radiant. Your body will be working at its optimum level and it will show on the outside.
- Keep with your workout schedule on every day possible. Some days will be impossible due to travel or family commitments but do not let this give you reason to skip the other days, as well. Exercise, even if inconsistent for a few weeks, will help to keep your metabolism going and lift your mood amidst holiday stress.
- Eat a healthy snack before arriving at a party or celebration. If you are not hungry upon arrival, you will find you can remain clear headed around the buffet table, significantly decreasing undesired calories.
- Savor the foods you love, no need to skip any goodies, but don’t mindlessly fill up on those that are only ‘ok’. Also, stick to small portions; no overstuffed plates.
- After Thanksgiving, fill your plate with raw fruits, fresh vegetables, and whole grains for the next several weeks. Packed with vitamins, fresh produce will keep you feeling full, balance the abundance of sweets you will encounter, and will encourage new cell growth to keep your skin looking fresh.
- SLEEP. To look and function your best, get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Don’t tell yourself that you’ll make up for lost hours after the holidays, your body doesn’t work like that. You will be happier, more alert, and even eat better, if you have a full night of sleep.
- If you are traveling this holiday season, try to take your own pillow. New sleeping environments can make getting a full night’s rest impossible, but the soft smell and familiar contours of your own pillow can help you make the most of sleep, no matter where you are.
- Practice gratitude every morning. Take two minutes to remind yourself of something you are thankful for. Even better, start a gratitude journal, which can help to keep all of the little things that you are happy for, such as a warm bed, healthy body, or a close friend.
- Treat yourself to physician-quality skincare products that do the heavy lifting for you. Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique can recommend the right products for your individual needs. We stock an unmatched variety of Skin Medica products, filled with growth factors, retinoid, antioxidants, specialty products, and sunscreen. Or check out our SkinCeuticals items, created for prevention, protection, and correction.
- Fight back against the stubborn fat your healthy routine hasn’t been able to tackle this year. With CoolSculpting, up to 25% of the targeted fatty tissue can be eliminated in only 35 minutes – with no incisions, sutures, risk of complications, or downtime. Set aside one lunch hour over the holidays to relax in a luxurious Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique treatment room, while we painlessly freeze away your fat.
Making it through Thanksgiving simply means that Christmas parties and family events, as well as New Year’s Eve celebrations, are right around the corner. Take care of yourself first, so you can keep taking care of everyone else this holiday season. Contact Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique to pamper ‘you’ and to get ready for all of the merry-making to come. Call our Richmond Avenue office at 281.810.9083 or fill out our Contact Us form.
Everyone at Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique wishes you a safe and happy Thanksgiving!