Similar to the liposuction procedure, CoolSculpting helps patients achieve better body contour and can be applied to various parts of the body. However, unlike liposuction, CoolSculpting goes beyond fat removal to tighten the skin and add firmness to the treatment areas.
How CoolSculpting Works
CoolSculpting technology applies new thinking to an old concept: the removal of fat cells from key areas of the body.
Developed by Harvard medical scientists, CoolSculpting uses a special device that targets the fat cells with freezing temperatures: a technique called Cryolipolysis.
This starts the process of cell death, known as apoptosis. The layers of fat cells are destroyed and over the next few weeks the body metabolizes them, removing them from the body. The process usually takes three to four months to complete, so CoolSculpting patients will see their results slowly emerge during this time.
The good news about CoolSculpting’s lethal freezing temperatures is that they were designed to affect only the fat cells and none of the surrounding cells, tissues, skin, muscles, or nerves. There is no lasting damage to the treatment area and only the fat cells will be destroyed in the process. On average, patients will see a 25-35 percent reduction in fat cells present in the treatment area.
The Many Benefits of CoolSculpting
In addition to eliminating troublesome pockets of fat from unwanted areas of the body, CoolSculpting offers several additional benefits to its patients:
- It is a nonsurgical procedure, so there are no lasting scars from incisions.
- Recovery time is very minimal, with some slight swelling and bruising to follow surgery. Some patients experience temporary tingling in the treatment area but this sensation will pass.
- Pain and discomfort are also minimal. Your body will respond to the treatment, but there is no need for prescription medications or special pain relief. Cold compresses are usually just fine.
- Don’t miss out on work and activities. There’s no downtime needed after a CoolSculpting treatment, so you can head right back to work or pick up where you left off the very next day.
- Results can be dramatic. With an average of 25 percent of your fat gone from the area per treatment, CoolSculpting can really make a difference. If you don’t achieve the results you want in one treatment, follow up with your plastic surgeon. Many patients enjoy multiple treatments safely.
The CoolSculpting procedure is a benefit to those patients who don’t want the hassle or stress of a surgical appointment. The treatment is very relaxed, with most patients able to read a book or take a nap as the CoolSculpting machine works. There is no need for anesthesia, so you will be awake the whole time and able to leave as soon as the treatment has concluded.
Contact MirrorMirror and Book a Free Consultation
If you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation, or if you have a question about dermal fillers, please contact a patient coordinator at our office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at 281-810-9083. You can also reach us by email.
Every treatment is monitored by Dr. Paul Vitenas. He has practiced in the Houston area since 1990. He has been named one of Houston’s Top Doctors and America’s Top Plastic Surgeons. He’s also been awarded Houston’s Most Compassionate Doctor and a Top Doctor for Women.
The office of Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery and the Fine Art of Natural Cosmetic Surgery is conveniently located in the heart of Houston. If you are not a local, we can schedule an online consultation. We can also assist with travel and financing arrangements. We think you will see the reflection of something great at MirrorMirror Beauty Boutique.