There have been many different skin resurfacing techniques developed over the years as doctors and scientists work to improve on the previous generation of laser resurfacing technology. Fraxel Laser is one of the newest and most-studied advancements today. It treats a wide variety of skin problems on many areas of the body including, but not limited to, the following:
- Décolletage (chest area)
How Fraxel Laser Works
First a topical anesthetic is applied. This is only to make the treatment as comfortable as possible; Fraxel is not painful. The sensation during treatment is usually described as a warm, mild pin prick sensation.
- Fraxel Laser treats the skin by creating micro-injuries to the deepest skin layers with concentrated bursts of light energy.
- During the first 12 hours after the procedure, this Fraxel Laser Pulse starts the body’s natural healing process and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
- For the period between 12 to 24 hours after treatment, the skin may look bronzed and have a rough feeling.
- Then over the next few days, the old, damaged skin will slough off to reveal the new, fresh smooth skin underneath.
- This process continues to improve the skin over the next three to six months, and results will last around a year — or even longer.
Each treatment takes about 30 to 60 minutes depending on the area and condition being treated. For optimal results three to six treatments are recommended about one to two months apart. During your initial consultation, a tailored treatment plan will be discussed, including the exact number of Fraxel Laser treatments.
While Your Skin Repairs Itself
Fraxel Laser improves your look by reducing the appearance of the following skin problems:
- Fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging
- Uneven skin tone and pigmentation
- Sun spots
- Stretch marks
- Large pores
- Scars from acne, surgery, or other trauma
How Other Lasers Compare to Fraxel
To resurface and renew the appearance of your skin, there are many advantages to choosing Fraxel Laser. Fraxel Laser has been clinically and scientifically proven as the most effective technology of its kind. It treats a wide variety of mild to severe skin damage. Fraxel Lasers treat the skin from the inside out.
Fraxel can also be used in conjunction with other non-surgical, non-invasive light energy laser treatments, like IPL or Limelight, Laser Genesis, and Titan Skin Tightening, or a sound energy treatment like Ulthera. Whether a combination of treatments is right for your tailored treatment plan will also be discussed during your initial consultation.
Schedule Your Complimentary Fraxel Consultation Today
Fraxel is proven to be a safe, effective skin rejuvenation technology. Find out how it can help you with your unique set of skincare needs by scheduling an appointment with a patient care coordinator. During this meeting one of Mirror Mirror’s expert estheticians will perform a skin assessment, review your medical history, and a treatment plan will be discussed. Reasonable and expected outcomes will also be discussed, including more about the recovery, risks, costs, and financing options.
Call 281-484-0088 during our office hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or email us anytime, and one of our patient coordinators will get right back to you. We are conveniently located in the central Houston. If you are not in the area, we can consult with you online and assist with travel arrangements.
Dr. Paul Vitenas, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S. is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and founder of Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery and the Fine Art of Natural Cosmetic Surgery. Since 1990 he has practiced in the Houston area. He was named one of Houston’s Top Doctors and America’s Top Plastic Surgeons and was awarded a Top Doctor for Women and Houston’s Most Compassionate Doctor.