CoolSculpting® is all the rage these days, and for good reason. It’s a non-invasive procedure that freezes fat away with no downtime—what’s not to like? However, there are some dos and don’ts when it comes to getting CoolSculpting® that you should be aware of before you book your consultation. Understanding these dos and don’ts can help you maximize your results and have a great CoolSculpting® experience.
Before Your CoolSculpting® Treatment
- Do find out if you’re a good candidate for the procedure. Before we schedule your treatment session, one of our CoolSculpting® experts will evaluate you and talk to you about the results you hope to achieve. We’ll create a CoolSculpting® treatment plan for you during the consultation if we feel you are the right fit for the procedure.
- Don’t expect any pain during your upcoming procedure. You may feel a cold or tingling sensation at the beginning of your session, but that feeling will go away as the area starts to become numb. Because of this numbing effect, no anesthesia is needed during the procedure.
- Do ask as many questions as you need to during your consultation. We want you to feel comfortable with your choice to undergo a CoolSculpting® procedure. Our consultants are highly-trained and are here to answer each and every question you might have about your upcoming procedure.
- Don’t consider it a quick weight-loss treatment. You will be weighed before each treatment to ensure you’ve maintained a healthy body weight. This is an important step in giving you a great foundation to measure your results without any bias. However, CoolSculpting® is more about sculpting the body, not weight loss. You should not expect to lose more than a couple of pounds, but you may lose several inches.
- Do prepare yourself to sit still during the procedure. A typical CoolSculpting® procedure only lasts 30 to 45 minutes, so any discomfort will be minimal. Most of our patients are comfortable and relaxed enough to read, take a nap, or talk on the phone while they wait.
- Don’t worry if you feel the cost might be prohibitive. We offer financing options for all our procedures through CareCredit. You can apply online at https://www.carecredit.com for instant approval.
After Your CoolSculpting® Treatment
- Do maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine after your treatment. The CoolSculpting® procedure targets excess fatty tissues in your target treatment areas, but it will not prevent your remaining fat cells from expanding. To maintain your desired aesthetic, a healthy diet and regular exercise routine are recommended.
- Don’t be concerned if you see any bruising after your treatment. The procedure is extremely safe, but some side effects after your procedure are normal. You may experience tingling, itching, redness, or bruising, but these will go away after the first few weeks following your procedure.
- Do expect to return to your usual routine on the same day of your procedure. While there may be some redness or bruising in the treatment area, you will still be able to return to school, work, or exercise the same day without much, if any, discomfort. Many of our patients resume normal activity immediately because CoolSculpting treatments don’t require any downtime.
- Don’t worry if you don’t see immediate results after your first procedure. Because it can take up to two to four months for your body to absorb the fat cells that were destroyed, you shouldn’t expect to achieve your desired results right away. We also recommend that you treat the target area two times to achieve the results you desire.
- Do pursue further treatment if you’d like to see even better results. You will see the full results about 16 weeks after your last procedure, but if you’d like to achieve better results, we can perform more procedures on your target area after that time. Though the results are long-lasting, sometimes patients see new problem areas develop that exercise alone can’t eliminate.
- Don’t expect any harmful effects after the procedure. CoolSculpting® targets unwanted fatty tissue in your target trouble zones, but it does not harm any other healthy tissues throughout your body. While you may experience itching or see redness in the treated area, those side effects will diminish within a few weeks of your treatment.
Contact Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique Today
Our medical spa is open Monday through Saturday. You can call us at 281-810-9083 during office hours, contact us through our website, or initiate an online chat session. Dr. Paul Vitenas, one of Houston’s best board-certified plastic surgeons, oversees the Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique. He and his staff can help you decide if CoolSculpting® is right for you.
Even if CoolSculpting® isn’t the right fit for your aesthetic needs, we have a wide array of facial services, body services, and skin services to help you reach your goals. We have performed over 7,000 procedures at our medical spa, conveniently located at 4208 Richmond Avenue, Suite # 100, in Houston, Texas. Contact us today to book a consultation!